Monday, November 17, 2008

Boomer Who?

So what exactly is a Boomer and why should you care? I dunno...you tell me. Certainly no one is reading this anyway so I will just ramble a bit.

Boomer is me...(Jeff actually) a 46 year-old mo who lives with Mr. Billy, my partner of 12 years whom it may surprise you to note is another mo. We live in the suburbs of Chicago. I know...you're so you're all like...fags in the burbs?!?!? Whoever heard of such a thing. Lesbians...I mean oh sure...but fags???

I am afraid so. After 14 years in Boystown we wanted a space with a yard for the terriers. They would be Wiggles and Barkley respectively and no this is not gonna be a pet blog so I hope I am not smashing all your hopes and dreams or whatever. If so...get over it!

Anyhoo, long story short, we wanted a house and didn't have the half million $$$ it would take to get a decent house in the city so here we are...in Bumfucke. And ya know what? It's not so bad. We spend all our time traveling into the city to eat, see friends, etc...but all in all it's OK. We're kind of like a gay Rob and Laura Petrie but without the whiney brat and the Bouffant and add two mutts. You get the picture. You ought to see the looks we get from the mildly uptight neighbors when we get 15 naked muscle bears in the hot tub...I kid...I kid. We have no hot tub...yet.

Finally why the title? Well in surfing the World Wide Web set of tubes that all the kids seem so crazy about, there appears to be a popular belief that no intellegent life exists west of the Hudson or east of the Sierras. Hmmm. We'll see about that!

OK I'm kinda bored with all this now...more later.






No comments: