Friday, November 21, 2008

Rage On!

At long last I am outraged. The ignorance and pettiness of the anti-gay marriage crowd has just pushed all my butons at once. I feel it daily just like everyone else and am truly conflicted by these emotions. But in spite of the urge we all have to throw a brick or kick some ass I really hope that we can channel this rage into something positive. We need to use the rage to engage in a creative, outrageous, dialogue not with those who would oppress us but with the vast majority of the population who are either misinformed or indifferent.

I really won't go all political on you cuz it isn't truly my thing but my emotions about this issue are very real.

Michael over at Dogpoet, a blog that I have been following for a while, is an incredible writer and sums up the emotions quite well.

No comments: