Wednesday, November 19, 2008

There'll Always be an England

Last week Mr. Billy was due to work a trade show exhibit in London and I tagged along. In spite of the worldly image I like to portray, this was my first time in the UK. You see, back in the paleolithic period when I was in college we didn't do the fancy schmancy study abroad thing that is so popular with the kids these days. Oh my no...at the fine Big Ten institution I attended we drank....a lot. Yep each week from Thursday til Sunday. The rest of the week we just did bong hits to make it through...didn't leave time for much else. We left stuff like getting all cultural and stuff to the rich brats at the tony liberal arts and Ivy League colleges.

But I digress...the borderline adult ADD does that to a person. Anyhow, Mr. Billy who has travelled the world about 72 times has dedicated his life to making sure that my cultural education is complete so off to London we did fly.


We started our first day with a proper English breakfast thanks to our friend Amanda who insisted. Now I am no stranger to the delights that are English cuisine. My Grand Mother is from the old country and she taught my Mum how to cook. We grew up with tongue sandwiches, shepherds pie, fruitcakes and mince tarts. But I will readily admit that this was the first time I'd ever had bangers and beans. They weren't brunch at NoMi but they weren't all bad.


So here's a few more pics from the first part of our trip.


And finally once you go Anglican...you never go back.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well we can't have you being culturally "inadequate" now can we? Where should we go next?

Boomer said...

Thank you for being my first victim to make a comment!!! I am sooo excited.